Are you wondering how you can be a superhero to more real estate clients using social media?
Little did you know that this a mild-mannered realtor who helps people find their dream home was actually a superhero.
If you are a realtor, you may be a hero to your clients and may not have even known it.
Let’s tap into your superpowers and reveal how the little things can make a big difference to new home buyers.
Every realtor is a hero under their ordinary disguise. After unmasking those superpowers, you need to share
those superpowers with the world without sounding like an annoying super-villain.
With Today’s Social Media Platforms, You Can Be a Superhero to Your Ideal Clients
Here are the 7 steps:
- Your Superhero Story
- Your Superhero Reputation
- “Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel” ~ Choosing Your Social Media Channels
- “We Need A Hero!” Be the Local Hero Your Community Needs
- “Holy Bat Signals!” How to Stay in Touch with Your Potential Clients Until They Need You
- “Recorded Live in Front of a Studio Audience” ~ Go Live with Facebook Live and Periscope
- Even Superman had robots to help him out ~ Facebook Bots
1. Tell Your Superhero Story
Believe it or not, if you have been a realtor for any length of time, you were a superhero to one of your clients. I know because I have worked with realtors and hear these stories all the time. From my own experience, my realtor was an angel sent from heaven to help me out of a bad situation and into a lovely home. Sit down and recall how you have really come through for a client or clients. Now write your best hero story better yet have someone interview you and record this story. Avoid numbers and jargon just the meat of the story. It’s better if you can pull on a few heartstrings.
- Ask that client for a testimonial that collaborates your story.
- Write your story on your blog or medium or LinkedIn or Facebook notes
- Share that story with images you or client or house to all your channels
- Do your best to have all these pieces of the story & make sure you are capturing these with your next client.
2. Your Superhero Reputation
Do you have a superhero’s reputation? Google yourself and find out. Take your name and put quotes around it. “John Superhero Smith” What shows up? Does it make you look good or bad? Now check Google Images. Whatever you see there is your reputation. If you don’t like it go in and change it. If you can’t change it, we may need to talk.
3. “Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel” ~ Choosing Your Social Media Channels
There are so many social media channels out there that deciding what channels to spend time on becomes challenging. I suggest you pick 2 and get very familiar with those platforms and expand out from there. Be willing to spend a little money on ads because they are all moving to a pay to play model.
It really comes down to who your target audience is and how they want to buy a home. Think about what you would do if you were trying to find a new home. You’d probably start with Google. Not John “superhero” Smith – they don’t know you yet… so your home buyer goes to Google and starts typing in “keywords” what might they type in:
The Best Social Media Platform for Showing up on Google = YouTube
Next Add Facebook + YouTube
With Facebook, you’ll need to set a budget and spend $5.00/day for a week on Facebook Ads don’t boost a post because it is a waste. Every 4 seconds of engagement and they charge you. You want to go into Facebook Ads Manager and create your ads based on your target audience.
Next Add Twitter + Persicope
Next Add Instagram
Next Add LinkedIn
Last Add Pinterest
4. “We Need A Hero!” Be the Local Hero Your Community Needs
Gotham had a real problem with toxic waste. Every time you turned around someone was falling into acid and turning into a supervillain. What they needed was a superhero to work on their pollution problem. If you know of a problem in your community, don’t try to hide it be part of the solution and brag about your efforts on social media.
One of the tricky things about social media is the fact that it is global. The cool thing about social media being global is that you can stand out from all the other realtors by being a hero in your community. This will show up when new people are looking to move into your community.
You want to do everything you can to localize your efforts. This means using # hashtags, joining local groups, posting and sharing local news, being involved in local charities and organizations. On Twitter & LinkedIn, you can follow people based on their city. On Pinterest, you can find boards about your city. You can create boards about the communities you serve. Create a freebie pdf guide that you can give away to people about the community. Include the best restaurants, best dry cleaners, printable coupons, charities they can volunteer at, fun stuff to do for kids, free stuff, nature stuff, we have the curse of knowledge about our hometown package all the cool stuff you know about your community into a super guide.
5. “Holy Bat Signals!” How to Stay in Touch with Your Potential Clients Until They Need You
Stay in touch with your potential clients There are many ways to do this ~ the main way to do this through a freebie that puts people on your email mailing list. Decide if you’re really wanting to do this or not. Don’t be annoying! I went to an open house once to look at the interior and the agent had me sign in at the door on an iPad which was fine but he then bombarded me with daily emails about what houses were for sale in central Florida. It was not done in a friendly manner at all. Just a spreadsheet of homes for sale. It was not personalized, it did not ask me about if I was in the market to buy or sell. It came off as he had an obvious agenda and he didn’t care about me and my home buying needs.
Instead of this approach, create a friendly monthly newsletter about you and the community you serve.
6. “Recorded Live in Front of a Studio Audience” ~ Go Live with Facebook Live and Periscope
Facebook Live will help you:
- Turn browsers into buyers
- Create stronger relationship with your followers
- Attract organic Facebook Live fans desperate for Live streaming (providing you are using from your public Page, and not within a closed Group)
- Share insider tips about buying selling a home with your Facebook Fans
- Make your Facebook Fans part of your life, so they can see you apply your own coaching principles in your day-to-day living
- Satisfy Facebook users’ need for interaction, connection, and immediate gratification
- Build powerful links by leading people to your website—and to your landing pages
- Expand your community faster than you would expand by most traditional methods
- Increase your credibility and authority almost instantly
Start using your cell phone to record Facebook and /or Periscope Live Videos of your open listings. Repost these on all your platforms. Answer questions as they come in.
7. Even Superman had robots to help him out ~ Facebook Bots
Facebook bots or Messenger bots are the latest rage in social media. Messenger bots (also referred to as chatbots) are a way to set up automated communication with customers or prospects through Facebook Messenger. Your bot will do the talking for you, and if you set it up right, the bot will deliver the information users are looking for, saving time for both you and the customer. Here is a helpful article about how to set up Facebook Bots https://blog.hootsuite.com/facebook-messenger-bots-guide/